Michigan Agency for Energy
The Michigan Energy Office is committed to promoting healthy communities, economic growth, and environmental sustainability through Energy Waste Reduction and Renewable Energy. Goals include:
1. Engage stakeholders to inform and develop Michigan's energy future that advance programs and policies to achieve a combined 35% energy waste reduction and renewable energy by 2025.
2. Accelerate economic growth by encouraging investment to advance mobility, manufacturing and health communities.
3. Participate in lead-by-example initiatives to encourage energy waste reduction and environmental sustainability.
4. Provide and support education to encourage energy literacy and the development of a vibrant energy workforce.
5. Encourage the use and transparency of energy data to enable others to make better decisions.
Access the laws, administrative rules, guidelines & decisions that govern the regulation of oil, gas, natural gas, electric, and renewable energy businesses and utilities. Find information regarding consumer standards and billing practices for energy services.
The Michigan Public Service Commission maintains a list of resources for businesses. These resouces cover electric choice, utility fraud prevention, and how to contract with and recieve service from utility companies.