The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
General Filing Protocol
1. All documents for filing with the Commission must be legible. Filers who submit by facsimile should be particularly careful with handwritten documents, highlighted material and photographs as they don’t transmit well into electronic form.
2. A filer is prohibited from filing a document that contains another person’s social security number unless that person cannot be identified by any other means.
3. The Commission accepts appeals and other filings via US Mail, facsimile, electronically and at its principal office in Lansing. Filers should submit their filings using only one of the permitted methods. If a filer submits a document using more than one of the methods, the Commission will accept the first filing and reject later duplicate filings.
4. The Commission has no authority to reopen and review a Commission decision beyond the 1-year period established in Section 34 (MCL 421.34(7)) unless a party did not receive a copy of the decision. The Commission will consider a request to reopen the decision beyond the 1-year period only if accompanied by a statement signed by the appealing party or its authorized representative, that the appealing party did not receive the decision within a sufficient time to permit a timely request for reopening. The signature constitutes a certification of the truth of the statement. Absent a valid certification, a request for reopening of a Commission decision filed beyond the 1-year period will be rejected.
5. The Departmental Manager of the Commission may reject nonconforming documents.