The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Reopening Your Claim for Benefits
Things to know when reopening an existing claim:
Do not create a new account. Use your same MiWAM username and password you used previously.
- Visit Michigan.gov/uia for instructions if you forgot your MiWAM password.
- Reopen your claim during the first week of unemployment or reduced work hours or wages.
- Have your Employer Account number (EAN) or Federal Identification Number (FEIN). It may be provided by your employer or found on your W-2.
- Payments will be made using the same payment method previously selected.
- If you previously had a debit card, the funds will be added to the card.
- To change your payment method, click the Claimant Services tab; then click Modify Benefit Payment Method.
- Be sure to read and respond to all requests for information to avoid payment delays.
- When certifying for benefits, be sure to report your gross earnings (amount before taxes and other deductions) in the week in which they were earned, not when you were paid.
- After you've completed your claim, a Confirmation page will display the date of your next certification.
Reopen or File Your Claim Online with MiWAM at Michigan.gov/uia.
Questions? Contact UIA Customer Service at 1-866-500-0017 or Chat with an agent using MiWAM.