- Information Line
Do you have a question related to special education?
- Parent Resources
Information about special education for parents and families.
- Procedural Safeguards
Schools must provide notice to parents about the protections and rights for their
children with disabilities.
- Director Chapman Shares Family Matters Resource With Parents and Guardians of Children Receiving Special Education Services
- New Mediation Assistance Hot Line To Provide Improved Resolution to Special Education Disputes
Special Education Mediation Services (SEMS) has a new toll-free, statewide phone number: 833-KIDS1ST or 833-543-7178.
- Alternative Assessment Waiver Request for the 1% Cap
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
Find ways for parents and schools to problem solve about special education issues.
Find information about determining a student’s eligibility for special education programs and services.
- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE)
The MARSE are the Michigan rules to follow when implementing special education laws.
Michigan submits a State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR) to the U.S. Department of Education each year. The SPP/APR shows Michigan’s progress on each federal special education indicator and outlines the plan for the future.
- Supports for Students With Disabilities
Many offices and organizations outside of the OSE support students with disabilities. Look through the different supports for students with disabilities for help from other sources.
- Michigan Special Education Reference (MI-SER)
The MI-SER is a database of federal and state special education law and policy information and resources.
- Sign-up for Announcement from the OSE
Sign-up to receive email announcements from the OSE.