A strategic plan drives priorities, concentrates energy and resources, strengthens operations, and sets success measures to ensure that all stakeholders are working together toward common goals. Michigan's Top 10 in 10 years education strategic plan was approved in February 2016. As is good practice for any learning organization, a strategic plan should be reviewed and possibly updated on a periodic basis.
The Michigan Department of Education in partnership with the education community is currently conducting a review of this plan. This updated plan will be Michigan's education strategic plan that is more directional, clarifies and streamlines the goals, helps focus the education community around collective efforts, adds metrics that align with the goals, and helps monitor progress toward becoming a Top 10 education state.
- Top 10 Review Survey (closes February 7, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Topic Review & Updates
Information Related to Current Top 10 Strategic Education Plan
- Video: May 2016 State Board of Education Update
- Video: April 2016 State Board of Education Update
- Video: About ISDs in the Transformation Zone
- Press Release: State Supt. Brian Whiston Unveils Strategies to help Michigan Become a Top 10 Education State