The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
DPPD Reporting Process for Educators
To eliminate the individual educator entry and paper process, and to streamline educator certificate renewals, the process for entering District Provided Professional Development (DPPD) has been changed. Effective July 1, 2020, districts are required to enter all DPPD to be used for educator recertification as State Continuing Education Credit Hours (SCECHs) into the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS).
What this means for educators
- Any DPPD accrued after June 30, 2020 will need to be entered by the district as SCECHs.
- Educators will not be able to enter DPPD that takes place after June 30, 2020 into MOECS.
- Educators will be allowed to continue to submit DPPD that occurs prior to July 1, 2020 into MOECS.
- Past DPPD entered into the MOECS logs may still be used by educators for recertification during their next renewal.
- Any DPPD accrued prior to July 1, 2020 that is entered into the DPPD Log in MOECS must be printed out and approved by the district.
- To receive the SCECH credit for DPPD after July 1, 2020, educators will need to complete the program evaluation surveys which are automatically generated after the district uploads participation. Once the survey is completed, the educator will receive the SCECH credit for the DPPD program in their MOECS account.
- For any DPPD already entered into MOECS, educators must keep proof of participation in the program, including agendas. For any DPPD after July 1, 2020, educators will no longer be required to keep documentation as districts must have that information.
To ensure SCECH credit for DPPD, educators may want to do the following:
- Communicate with the district to ensure that DPPD will be recorded as SCECHs and what type of schedule the district will use for uploading participation.
- Ensure the accuracy of personal contact information in MOECS. Program evaluation survey notifications are sent to the email address listed in MOECS.
- Regularly check MOECS for program evaluation surveys needing completion by clicking on “Complete SCECH Evaluations” on the MOECS homepage.
For instructions on entering DPPD obtained prior to July 1, 2020 in MOECS, please view the DPPD: Logging it into MOECS guidance document. For more resources and information about the new DPPD reporting process, please view our New DPPD Reporting Process Resources webpage or contact MDE-EducatorHelp@Michigan.gov.