The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) seeks to recognize outstanding teachers across our great state. Nominating a teacher is simple and quick! Follow this link to nominate a teacher for the 2024-25 Michigan Teacher of the Year.
Nominating an outstanding Michigan educator is easy.
The following information is needed:
- Teacher nominee name
- District and School
- Grade Level (Subject is optional)
- Your contact information (Not shared with nominee and only used if additional information is needed)
- 250-character nomination narrative (approximately one paragraph) describing why this teacher is being nominated
- Nominee has a valid Michigan teaching certificate
- Nominee has completed at least five successful years of teaching experience in Michigan
- Nominee works directly with students in their current role
- Nominee has not been a Regional Teacher of the Year in the last 3 years
- September 5, 2023: Nomination Window Opens
- October 16, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.: Nomination Window Closes
- Complete 2024-25 MTOY Timeline
Please email questions to MDE-MTOY@Michigan.gov.