The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Once you have applied for an initial Michigan certificate/license, renewal of a Michigan certificate/license, or an additional endorsement, you can check the status of your application by logging into your account within the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS).
- Log-in to MOECS. If you are unable to gain access to your account, click "Login Assistance".
- Once you have confirmed and/or updated your demographics, you will be directed to your Home Page.
- You will know you are on your Home Page because your name will appear at the top of your Home Page above the words, “I Want to…” In the example below, “MOECS TEST” will be replaced by your name.
- Your Home Page will also include all your pending certificate applications and the status of each.
- You will see one of the following status indications:
- Conviction Review: not applicable to all applications, only those requiring court documents under school safety laws
- Pending Payment: click "Pay Fee" link on your home page to continue with your application
- Waiting for Documents: preliminary documentation has been received and you will hear from an evaluator within 2-4 weeks*
- Hold: you should have received an email with the reason for the hold; to review the hold reason, click on your application number
- Temporarily Approved: testing or additional coursework is required; this is a ONE-YEAR temporary status
- Approved/Denied/Canceled/Rescinded: one of these statuses will indicate the completion or final status of your application evaluation.
* Please note that January, as well as May through August, are our busiest times of year. Additional time may be required during these busy months. Application processing may take 4-8 weeks during this time. Documents sent via U.S. mail may take 2-4 weeks to be uploaded to MOECS.
An application for any Michigan education certification can be expedited if it meets certain criteria.