The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
An expedited application is one in which the educator’s certification application is moved closer to the front of the queue for evaluation by the Michigan Department of Education’s Office of Educator Excellence (OEE).
In lieu of requesting an expedited application, districts may apply for a substitute permit for individuals who have applications pending, with either an existing placement or an offer of employment with a Michigan school.
An application for any Michigan education certification can be expedited if it meets the following criteria:
- The application has already been submitted through the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS).
- All required documents have been received by OEE.
- The MOECS application status is “pending evaluation.”
- The MOECS application is not in a “hold” status.
- The application fee has been paid.
To submit an expedited application request:
The principal/administrator, human resources director, or superintendent* of the applicant’s current school district (or potential employer) must submit the request to MDE-EducatorHelp@Michigan.gov using his/her school email account. The email must contain the following:
- Applicant’s name and application number
- School/school district’s name and address
- Principal or administrator’s contact information: name, title, and phone number
- Indicate “Expedite Application Request” in the subject line.
Submitting an expedited application request may or may not result in the approval of an application in MOECS. During our busiest period, due to coinciding hiring needs, requests for expedited evaluations can be numerous. Expedited evaluation requests are completed on a first come, first served basis.
Note: Professional Teaching Certificate Renewal applications cannot be expedited as they are issued automatically through the MOECS system when the application is completed by the teacher and the fee is paid. If the application submitted is an out-of-state application, additional documents and testing may be required. Expediting these applications may not speed up the evaluation process.
*Submitting more than one expedition request, or a request from more than one person, will not speed up the process.