The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Welcome to Michigan School Meals
Michigan Department of Education is helping you reach families and students in your district with timely communications about the importance and availability of Michigan School Meals sent right to their inboxes and phones.
When you encourage families and students in your district to subscribe to receive messages from MDE’s Michigan School Meals campaign you’re helping families learn about the benefits and importance of the school meals you provide. This requires minimal effort on your part! Share Michigan School Meals Sign-up or have them text EAT to MIGHTY (644-489) to sign up. The more families and students that participate, the stronger this message will be!
Subscribers will receive:
- Information on the important role Michigan School Meals have in students’ overall nutrition and educational success
- Timely updates about important changes to Michigan School Meals
- Reasons why choosing Michigan School Meals is great for families and communities
- And more
Help MDE reach families in your district by asking families and students to text EAT to MIGHTY (644-489).
Toolkits for Food Service Directors and Other Professionals
Michigan Department of Education, No Kid Hungry Michigan and other organizations are teaming up during the 2022-23 school year to create tools & resources that help you communicate with families about school meals.
MDE Toolkits include:
- Family-facing digital communications
- Tools to help directors get the word out and increase meal participation in each district
- Customizable, sharable materials to help you communicate with families in your area
Subscribe now to receive these toolkits along with ongoing program updates and more resources for your school via email or text message.