The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
Local Needs Assessment
Perkins V contains a new requirement within the local recipient application for funds. This requirement—the Local Comprehensive Needs Assessment—must be included in each local application and updated at least every two years. Perkins V sets forth the following five requirements for the Local Comprehensive Needs Assessment:
- Evaluation of student performance by subgroup on Perkins core indicators.
- Description of the Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs offered (size, scope, quality and alignment).
- Evaluation of the progress toward implementing CTE programs and programs of study.
- Description of recruitment, retention and training for CTE educators and support professionals.
- Description of progress toward implementing equal access to CTE for all students.