The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Nonprofit Security Grant Program
The NSGP provides funding support for physical security enhancements and other security related activities to nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of a terrorist attack. NSGP seeks to integrate the preparedness activities of nonprofit organizations with broader state and local preparedness efforts.
There are two funding sources appropriated for nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program - Urban Area (NSGP-UA)
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program - State (NSGP-S)
NSGP-UA funds are for nonprofit organizations located within the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI)-designated urban areas.
NSGP-S funds are for nonprofit organizations located outside of the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI)-designated urban areas.
NSGP Useful Links
- FEMA National Preparedness Goal
- FEMA National Preparedness System
- DHS Laws & Regulations
- FEMA Grants
- FEMA Authorized Equipment List
- FEMA Nonprofit Security Grant Program
Guidance and Resources
- FY 23 NSGP Application - Instructions and important information about applying for 2022 NSGP funding.
- FY 22 NSGP Michigan Supplemental Guidance - Guidance that provides supplemental information regarding the administration of the NSGP.
- FEMA Preparedness Grants Manual - FEMA developed Manual that provides additional direction on grant policy and implementation across various grants.
- List of Grants Awarded by MSP-EMHSD since FY 2006 - MSP/EMHSD preparedness grants subawards since Fiscal Year 2006.
- Equipment Tracking Template (Excel)
- Equipment Definitions