The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
EGLE announces rebranding of MiWaters to MiEnviro Portal
November 07, 2022
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) has announced the rebranding of the electronic platform currently called MiWaters, to MiEnviro Portal (MiEnviro).
The renamed MiEnviro Portal is a part of the permitting process, allowing Michiganders to fulfill federal electronic reporting requirements and provides an online component for access to public information.
This rebranding will not affect functionality of the system for users but is being done to expand the use of the system beyond EGLE’s Water Resources Division. The expansion will include various Air Quality Division program areas and the Medical Waste program in the coming year.
What to expect?
You should expect the system to work like it has. Logging in and working in the system will remain the same. Changes to the current system will be cosmetic. For instance, the system will now have the new MiEnviro Portal logo instead of the MiWaters logo.
Although some web addresses will be changed, old addresses will redirect to the new ones for some time. Links in documents will redirect to the new locations. Links online and in guidance information have either been updated or are in the process of being updated.
What should you do?
- Change your MiWaters log-in bookmark to the MiEnviro log-in page: MiEnviro.Michigan.gov
- Visit the MiEnviro homepage at Michigan.gov/EGLEMiEnviro for the most up to date information on guidance and information on MiEnviro and how to use the system, such as:
- Creating an account
- Logging into the system
- Frequently asked questions
- Links to all MiEnviro program information
- Check out the Water Resource Division’s MiEnviro page Michigan.gov/MiEnviroWRD for information and guidance on things related to:
- Applying for Permits
- Managing your permits (pay fees, apply for renewals)
- Submitting reports (required by your permit or certification)
- Submitting service requests
- Viewing issued permits
- Seeing your notifications
- Reviewing evaluation/site inspections
Information about other programs will be shared as they are added to the system. Overall expectations of timing have been included at Michigan.gov/EGLEMiEnviro and on the program pages. Affected parties are also receiving information specific to them.
These changes and the expansion of EGLE’s capabilities using a digital system improves accessibility for all stakeholders and creates consistency in EGLE’s divisions as well as across industry.
If you have questions about the new MiEnviro Portal, please visit Michigan.gov/EGLEMiEnviro for more information on who to contact with your question or concern.