Skip to main content
Labor and Economic Opportunity

How do I protest?

If you disagree with the monetary (re)determination, you may submit a statement protesting the decision.  Your statement should indicate the reason(s) you disagree with the decision.  If your protest is over 30 days from the mail date of the (re)determination, explain why you did not submit your protest within 30 days.  You can submit your protest through your MIWAM account. 

After accessing your MIWAM account:

  1. Click on the claim ID of the involved benefit year to view the details.
  2. Next, click on "Determination Status", and then click on "file a protest" or "file appeal" for the issue you wish to protest.
  3. Complete all the required fields and use the "add" feature to include any documentation/evidence you would like to include with your protest.