The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Mandarin Teacher Overview
Mandarin Language Teachers/Assistants from Taiwan Teaching in Overseas K-12 Schools and Universities in Cooperation with Taiwan’s Ministry of Education (MOE)
Taiwan’s MOE has established this sponsorship to broaden and strengthen mutual friendship between the global partners and Taiwan; as well as to assist foreign Mandarin language teachers/assistants in the teaching proficiency.
Eligibility of the teachers’ candidate(s) from Taiwan
- Having obtained qualified “Certificate of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language” awarded by MOE.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or above.
- Possess teaching Chinese as a second language experience.
Allowances sponsored by Taiwan’s MOE
- For teachers: USD$1,200 per month per teacher for 12 months, can be extended up to another 12 months for the same teacher.
- For assistants: USD$600 per month per assistant for up to 12 months, can NOT be extended for the same assistant.
- One round-trip economy airfare USD$1,300-1,500 (both teachers and assistants).
- Lump sum teaching materials allowance of USD$300 (teachers only).
Matching sponsorship from the overseas partners