Nonmetallic Mineral Crushing Facilities Guide
The Michigan Environmental Compliance Guide for Nonmetallic Mineral Crushing Facilities is a publication of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, developed in partnership with the Michigan Aggregate Association. The guidebook is a ready-reference tool for anyone striving toward compliance with state and federal regulations that affect nonmetallic mineral crushing operations. Although some reference is made to local codes, local requirements are not discussed in the guidebook in any detail. Be sure to contact your local government officials for information on applicable local requirements.
The chapters contain discussion on the following topics: how to obtain and complete an air permit application; the three water quality permits programs that may apply a crushing facility (i.e., groundwater discharge, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), and industrial storm water program); water withdrawal; step-by-step approach to identifying, characterizing and disposing your waster materials; storage tanks; and emergency planning. Each chapter targets a specific regulatory program. This Web site contains a complete version of the guidebook and allows you to download it by chapter.
- Background Information, Conditions, Application Forms, and District Office Map - View (EQP5756 and EQP5757)
- Instructions for Relocating and Modifying Non-Metallic Mineral Crushing Facilities - View
- Relocation Form - View Fillable Form (EQP5757)
- Modification Form - View Fillable Form (EQP5756)
- General Permit to Install Application - General Information Form - View Fillable Form (EQP5727)
- General Permit to Install Application - Additional Information Form - View Fillable Form (EQP5729)
- District Office Contact Information - View