Board of Examiners for Industrial Wastewater
The EGLE director appoints a five member Board of Examiners who has expertise in one or more of the following areas, including, but not limited to:
- Two staff members of the department
- One owner of a commercial or industrial enterprise which operates a waste treatment facility or an employee of such an owner
- One holder of a certificate to operate or supervise the operation of a waste treatment facility
- One member of the public at large
Part 31, Industrial and Commercial Waste Treatment Facilities, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended establishes the industrial wastewater operator certification program. After the initial appointments, each member shall be appointed for a term of three years.
The administrative rules promulgated pursuant to Part 31, as amended establish the Board of Examiners, its duties and responsibilities. The activities of the board under the direction of the department are primarily advisory except that, following evaluation and examination of an operator, the board recommends to the department the issuance or non-issuance of certificates.
The Board meets not less than twice each year at designated times and places. Members of the Board are not compensated, but are entitled to all actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties in accordance with rates established by the latest edition of the standard travel regulations of the State of Michigan.
The next meeting is scheduled for March 18, 2021.
Meeting Minutes and Agendas
- Minutes January 30, 2020
- Minutes July 30, 2020
- Minutes September 17, 2020
- Agenda January 28, 2021
- Draft Agenda March 18, 2021