Menominee River AOC (delisted)Contact: Stephanie Swart 517-331-3779
The Menominee River is located in the western Upper Peninsula and discharges into Green Bay (Lake Michigan). The Menominee River forms part of the border between Michigan and Wisconsin and therefore responsibility for the Area of Concern is shared by both states with the federal government.
The Menominee River Area of Concern includes the lower three miles of the river, from the Upper Scott Paper Company Dam (Park Mill) to the river mouth and includes the adjacent Green Bay shoreline from Seagull Bar in Marinette, Wisconsin, to Henes Park in Menominee, Michigan, and Green Island in Green Bay. The primary contaminants of concern are arsenic and coal tar originating on the Wisconsin side of the Area of Concern and paint sludge originating on the Michigan side of the Area of Concern.
- Lower Menominee River Final Delisting Report
- Menominee River Fish and Wildlife Populations and Habitat BUI Removals Documentation
- Menominee River Fish Consumption BUI Removal Documentation
- Menominee River Dredging Restrictions BUI Removal Documentation
- Menominee River Degradation of Benthos BUI Removal Documentation
- Menominee River Beach Closings BUI Removal Documentation
- Menominee River Stage 2 Remedial Action Plan
- Menominee River Remedial Action Plan
- Menominee River AOC Boundary Map
- Lower Menominee River Citizens Advisory Committee
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Menominee River AOC