Saginaw River/Bay AOCContact: Jennifer Tewkesbury 517-897-3257
The Saginaw River/Bay Area of Concern extends from the head of the Saginaw River at the confluence of the Shiawassee and Tittabawassee Rivers upstream of the city of Saginaw to its mouth, and all of the Saginaw Bay out to its interface with open Lake Huron at an imaginary line drawn between Au Sable Point and Point Aux Barques. Contaminated sediments, fish consumption advisories, degraded fisheries, and loss of significant recreational values, primarily from nonpoint sources discharges, combined sewer overflows, sanitary sewer overflows, and industrial sources of polychlorinated biphenyls, were the major reasons for the Area of Concern designation.
- Saginaw River/Bay Fish & Wildlife Habitat BUI Removal Documentation
- Saginaw River/Bay Fish Tainting BUI Removal Documentation
- Saginaw River/Bay Drinking Water BUI Removal Documentation
- Saginaw River/Bay Stage 2 Remedial Action Plan
- Saginaw River/Bay Remedial Action Plan (1988): contact John Riley at RileyJ2@michigan.gov or 517-897-2398
- Partnership for the Saginaw Bay Watershed