Ballast Water ControlContact: Matt Mulford 517-284-5598
Provided below are links to Ballast Water Control Port Operations and Ballast Water Discharge related information. The downloadable documents are available in PDF format.
EGLE's Water Resources Division (WRD) uses a permitting system called MiWaters. MiWaters establishes a streamlined electronic permitting process, allowing Michigan to fulfill federal electronic reporting requirements and providing an online component for access to public information. The focus of MiWaters is permitting and compliance, including National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits (including storm water permits) and Groundwater Discharge Permits. It includes electronic reporting of untreated or partially treated sanitary wastewater.
MiWaters training information is available as seminars, webinars, and videos.
- Ballast Water Control Permit - Frequently Asked Questions
- Ballast Water Control General Permit (Issued January 31, 2017)
- Ballast Water Control General Permit (Issued March 9, 2012)
- Ballast Water Control General Permit Application PDF - This is for informational purposes only. Submittals shall be done through the MiWaters database.
- Ballast Water Control General Permit - Public Comment Responsiveness Summary
- Ballast Water Management Practices Reporting Requirements and Report Form
- Act No. 33, Public Acts of 2005
- Act No. 32, Public Acts of 2005
- Part 31 statute
Additional Watercraft Related Information
- Vessel Sewage Discharges and No Discharge Zones
- Act 451 of 1994 - Part 95 Watercraft Pollution Control
Additional Ballast Water Links