The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Manistique River AOC
The Manistique River flows from the northeast through Schoolcraft County in Michigan's central Upper Peninsula and discharges into Lake Michigan at the City of Manistique. The Manistique River Area of Concern upstream boundary begins at the dam in Manistique and extends downstream through the Manistique Harbor, a total length of approximately 1.7 miles. Historical impacts to the Manistique River are associated with wastes from a paper recycling facility (polychlorinated biphenyls from de-inking processes), sawmills, combined sewer overflows, and a municipal wastewater treatment plant.
- Manistique River Dredging BUI Removal Documentation
- Removal Recommendation for the Restrictions on Dredging Activities Beneficial Use Impairment
- Manistique River Benthos BUI Removal Documentation
- Manistique River Beach Closings BUI Removal Documentation
- Manistique River Fish and Wildlife Habitat BUI Removal Documentation
- Manistique Stage 2 Remedial Action Plan
- Manistique River Remedial Action Plan update
- Manistique River Remedial Action Plan (1987): contact John Riley at RileyJ2@Michigan.gov or 517-897-2398
- Manistique River AOC Boundary Map