The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Top 10 MI Environment stories in 2023
December 28, 2023
From stories on the effect of the Canadian wildfires on Michigan’s air quality to cancer-causing radon gas, and the state’s climate action efforts, MI Environment in 2023 covered a wide variety of subjects.
All told, EGLE published 196 stories during the course of the year. MI Environment stories are written by EGLE staff and focus on the agency’s mission, vision, and values.
More than 19,400 people subscribe to MI Environment’s weekly digest up from 15,500 this time last year.
Here are the Top 10 most-read stories of 2023:
- Are Canadian wildfires affecting Michigan’s air quality?
- Ten questions about radon, a cancer-causing gas found in one in four homes in Michigan
- Don’t’ toss that pumpkin in the trash: Seven ways to use your pumpkin after Halloween instead of putting it in a landfill
- EGLE rockhound offers tips to elusive, glowing Yooperlites®
- Breaking down the problem of microplastics in the Great Lakes
- Wildfire smoke in Michigan resulted in several ‘firsts’, EGLE offers air quality resources for Michigan
- Wetlands regulation stable in Michigan despite Supreme Court ruling changing federal definition
- EGLE becomes national leader in climate action with new legislation, making progress on the goals of the MI Healthy Climate Plan
- Ozone Season and Clean Air Action Days
- By the Numbers: Michigan continues to be a national leader in addressing PFAS