Welcome to the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
The Michigan Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) believes in the capacity of people who are blind or visually impaired to achieve employment and independence. BSBP provides training and other services that empower people to achieve their individual goals.
If you live in Michigan and you're blind or visually impaired, the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons will work with you to define your goals and identify appropriate training and other services. Funded by federal and state taxes, BSBP provides counseling and training in skills for daily living without vision. Depending upon your needs and eligibility for specific services, BSBP may also provide some types of adaptive equipment, computer software, and postsecondary education.
- BSBP Annual Stakeholder Meeting Recap - February 1, 2018
- BSBP 2017 Annual Report
- Business Enterprise Program: Spotlight on Paul Hildebrandt
- Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Presents Achievement Honor Roll Awards
- State Director of Services for the Blind Awarded Top Honors by the Michigan Council for Rehabilitation Services
- "You Say it How in Michigan?" Offers Correct Pronunciations of State's Unique Cities and Places