The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Employment Readiness Series
The Employment Readiness Series are classes designed to assist you with career development, resume building, and job searches.
- Job Interviews - Information and helpful tips on how to prepare for a successful job interview.
- Cover Letter, References and Follow Up - Tips on how to prepare an effective cover letter, how to include references, and steps for following up with the interviewer.
- Job Search Application Requirements - Focuses on the job application and paying attention to the requirements.
- Civilian Resumes - The fundamentals of drafting a successful resume. Tips and information, so your resume gets your skills and experiences noticed.
- Writing Your Federal Resume - Tips for veterans who are looking to write a Federal resume.
Veterans' Employment Services Tips
- Establishing and Building Value to an Organization
- Good Faith Statement of Salary with Promise to Accept
- Researching Local Average Salaries
- Salary Negotiation
- Michigan Veteran Friendly Employer Program
- Employers with Veteran Hiring Programs
- The Impact of Social Media
- Professional Email Addresses & Voicemail Messages
- Interviews: Dress for Success
- Superior Qualifications to List in a Cover Letter
- Cover Letter Template
- Resumes and References
- Preparing for and Attending Job Fairs
- Dress for Success
- Using LinkedIn and Your Job Search
- Picking a Great Profile Picture
- Job Search Platforms for Veterans
- Desired Wage & Willingness to Commute
- Relevant Volunteer Experience
- Avoid Jargon
- More than an MOS
- Translating Military Experience
- Military Occupational Specialties - Translators Resources
- Federal Resume Templates
- Your Federal Resume is Extremely Detailed
- Creating a USA Jobs Account
- Resume Content and Relevance
- Fine Tuning Your Resume
- Resume Templates
- Using O*NET
- Growth Outlook
- Interest Assessments
- Professional Development
- Career Exploration & Labor Market Information Workshop Presentation