Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) Enforcement Training
**UPDATE: Application period for the October 2019 DRE School is now open. Please click the DRE Program link below for further information.**
Michigan offers a comprehensive, three-tiered training program for law enforcement officers on the detection and apprehension of impaired drivers. Each tier builds on the previous to create a complete enforcement curriculum and ensure officers have the highest success at identifying and removing dangerous impaired drivers from the road.
These training programs were developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in partnership with the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
OWI Training Dates and Locations MiTrain
All current ARIDE, SFST and DRE training dates and locations are posted in MiTrain. To access available training dates, times, locations and class registration, please click on the MiTrain link listed for the specific training type.
To search training opportunities and register for classes in MiTrain, an account in MiTrain is required. Instructions on setting up an account in MiTrain are listed on the MiTrain Home page.
- 24-hour SFST Practitioner Training: Mi-Train / Course Code 1034200
- 4-hour SFST Refresher Training: Mi-Train / Course Code 1049109
- 32-hour SFST Instructor Training: Mi-Train / Course Code 1030209
- 4-hour SFST Instructor Refresher Training: Mi-Train / Course Code 1063302
- 16-hour ARIDE Training: Mi-Train / Course Code 1030629
- DRE Training: MiTrain / Course Code TBD (pre-selected candidates only)
- DRE Continuing Education Training: MiTrain / Course Code TBD (pre-selected candidates only)
- DRE Instructor Training: Mi-Train / Course Code 1079571 (pre-selected candidates only)