NOTICE OF OFFICE CLOSURE
All Unemployment Insurance offices will be closed in observance of the Presidents Day, Monday, February 18.
Due to the holiday, please allow a two to three-day delay before your benefit payment is deposited to your financial institution or loaded onto your debit card.
· You can still file your unemployment claim online through MiWAM.
· If you need to certify for benefits you can do so online with MiWAM or by phone 1-866-638-3993.
For Federal Employees
For employees who have been furloughed as a direct result of the federal government shutdown: a deal was reached to end the partial government shutdown until February 15, 2019.
If you are experiencing a decline in business that may require a reduction in staff as a result of the federal shutdown, you are encouraged to consider enrollment in the Work Share program. With Work Share, employers can reduce workers’ hours while workers receive partial unemployment benefits. Find out more information on our Work Share page.
If you were unable to register for work on Jan. 28, Jan. 30 or Jan. 31 due to an MWA office closure, you are still required to register for work. Please read the Update on Work Registration for further information.
1099-G Tax Statements Available Online
Form 1099-G, "Certain Government Payments," is the year-end tax statement issued to those who have received unemployment benefits. Individuals who received benefits in 2018 have been sent a copy of the statements via U.S. mail, but you may also view or print your statement online through your MiWAM account. To view or print your 1099-G, log in to your MiWAM account. Under I WANT TO, click on View 1099-G.
New Login process to access your MiWAM account
MILogin is a new single sign on system that connects your unemployment account through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) and your jobseeker account through Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC). You must create a MILogin account before you can create or access your MiWAM account. Visit our MILogin page for more information on how to set up your account or how to associate your MILogin and MiWAM accounts.
Click HERE for other available options for filing for benefits, claiming weeks of benefits, responding to fact-finding requests or registering for work.
The Saginaw Unemployment Insurance Office has moved to a new location. Visit us at 515 N. Washington Ave., Suite 100, beginning Monday, January 14, 2019. The office is open Mon-Tues 7 AM - 6 PM, Wed. 7 AM - 5 PM and Thurs - Fri 8 AM- 5PM.
- Michigan Employer Advisor - Winter-2018
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- UI Employer Services Brochure
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees