Please note that employer payments that were scheduled for posting on 04/25/2018 had a delay and did not post until 05/03/2018. UI recognizes these payments were on time. If you received a Determination of Assessment letter, please disregard.
The Michigan Talent Investment Agency operates the unemployment insurance program. This program provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. The program is funded through unemployment taxes paid by employers.
Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) is the Unemployment Insurance Agency's (UIA) system for managing your unemployment account electronically.
MiWAM has been updated to serve you better! You will notice a new look to some pages and some added functions.
Look for more details in the updated MiWAM Toolkits coming soon.
- 2018 Unemployment Insurance Seminars
The Talent Investment Agency is offering free seminars to acquaint employers with the Unemployment Insurance system in Michigan.
Employers: Please submit all inquiries by web notice through your MiWAM account.
If you have questions, call OEO at 855-484-2636. If you are having difficulty accessing your MiWAM account, please call MiWAM Support at 313-456-2188 or OEO at the number above.
UIA continues to see a number of fraudulent unemployment insurance claims being filed as a result of identity theft. If you are the victim of identity theft, the best course of action is to complete the Statement of Identity Theft (Form 6349) and mail or fax it back to the UIA. Find more steps to take when you are the victim of identity theft in Fact Sheet 166.
- Seminars for Employers - Navigating Your New Business
The Talent Investment Agency - Unemployment Insurance is partnering with MI Department of Treasury and Licensing and Regulatory Affairs to provide free seminars for businesses.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- What You Should Know As An Employer
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Electronic Filing Requirement
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- UIA Employer Services Brochure
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees