All Unemployment Insurance offices will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23.
Due to the holiday, please allow a two to three-day delay before your benefit payment is deposited to your financial institution or loaded onto your debit card.
- You can still file your unemployment claim online through MiWAM.
- If you need to certify for benefits you can do so online with MiWAM or by phone with MARVIN 1-866-638-3993.
The Michigan Talent Investment Agency operates the unemployment insurance program. This program provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. The program is funded through unemployment taxes paid by employers.
MILogin for Citizens
IMPORTANT: NEW LOGIN PROCEDURE STARTED ON NOVEMBER 18, 2018
On November 18, 2018, Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC) and the Unemployment Insurance system via the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) aligned their systems with the existing MILogin for Citizens single sign-on platform to provide a seamless login experience and provide UI claimants a quick overview of claim information.
MILogin is the new State of Michigan Identity, Credential and Access Management solution. The MILogin provides enhanced single sign-on capabilities in addition to meeting many other business requirements and security and compliance needs.
New and existing users of PMTC and MiWAM need to register their accounts with MILogin for Citizens single sign-on as of November 18, 2108. With MILogin for Citizens, users can log in to their MiWAM and PMTC jobseeker account using the same user ID and password. Bringing these accounts together in one place is convenient, efficient and secure, and will help Michigan citizens get back to work faster.
Beginning November 12, to better serve you, we are adjusting our local office hours in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Lansing and Saginaw! The offices will be open from 7 AM to 6 PM on Mondays and Tuesdays, 7 AM to 5 PM on Wednesdays, and 8 AM to 5 PM on Thursdays and Fridays. All other local offices will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Click here for a list of local offices across the state.
Also Coming Soon: Updates to Go Green will add more convenience and transparency. Claimants and employers will receive an acknowledgement when they opt to Go Green and receive correspondence from TIA-UI electronically. This means standard letters, forms or notices will be placed in their MiWAM account. For added convenience and efficiency, customers will receive notification by postal mail with a clear explanation of what it means to Go Green. They will also receive an email alerting them to check their account for new correspondence.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- UI Employer Services Brochure
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees