The owners and operators of property that is contaminated are required to take actions to ensure that the contamination does not cause unacceptable exposures, and the contamination is not exacerbated or worsened.
The Remediation and Redevelopment Division is committed to working with owners, operators, and purchasers to protect public health and safety.
EGLE Due Care Specialist:
Due Care FAQs
- What is Due Care and what are Your Obligations?
- Who has Due Care Obligations?
- How do I know if my property could be contaminated?
- When do I have Due Care obligations?
- What do I have to do if my property is contaminated?
- Do I need EGLE approval?
- Where can I find the law and rules requiring me to take Due Care?