The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Exemptions and Guidance
Part 115, Solid Waste Management, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994, PA 451 as amended, allows the Director to designate waste materials as inert, compostable, low-hazard industrial waste, site/source separated, or appropriate for land application under an Agricultural Use Approval. This page contains a number of generic exemptions that were developed by the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) in addition to some guidance documents related to solid waste issues.
Abrasive Blasting Guidance
- Abrasive Blasting Memo
- Department of Defense Spent Blast Media Management Policy 07-10-2019
- US EPA Spent Blast Media Mismanagement Alert 10-08-2019
Agricultural Use Approval
- Approval Form
- Appendix B Operational Memo Gen-8-Detection Limits
- Appendix C
- Appendix D AUA Site ID Form Fillable [Download to use]
- Appendix E Map of District Offices
Drywall Recycling Locations (Updated 10/23/2014)