Special Education Personnel Approval System
The Special Education Personnel Approvals System is available through the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS). To submit a special education personnel approval request, select the MOECS link under Approvals Online System below.
A Special Education Personnel Approval may be granted in accordance with the procedures, policies, and criteria established by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education (MDE, OSE). The procedures, policy, and criteria documents for school districts and intermediate school districts will assist you in processing approval requests through the MOECS.
For more information on the rules pertaining to the specific areas that an approval may be granted, see the Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE).
MDE Office of Special Education Personnel Approvals Contact
MDE Office of Special Education
P.O. Box 30008
Lansing, MI 48909
- Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS)
- Special Education Personnel Approvals Search
- MEIS Security Agreement Form
To request access for special education personnel approvals under MOECS, go to the Educator Forms page via the Office of Educator Excellence. Access the appropriate MEIS Security Agreement form for charter school management companies, school districts/schools, or colleges/universities.
- Special Education Personnel Approvals Process Video
This video provides a demonstration of the process for submitting Special Education Personnel Approvals through the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS).
- Director of Special Education Approval
- Early Childhood Special Education Permit Approval
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher Approval
- Resource Program Teacher Approval
- School Social Worker Approval
- Special Education Teacher Approval
- Supervisor of Special Education Approval
- Teacher Consultant Approval
- Transition Coordinator Approval
- Intermediate School District Contacts for Approvals
Intermediate school district (ISDs) contacts who assist their local school districts with processing special education personnel approvals.
- Educator Preparation Institution (EPI) Contacts for Approvals for School Social Workers
Contacts from educator preparation institutions with programs for school social workers. These contacts if candidates completed the program at their institution during the approval process.
- Educator Preparation Institution (EPI) Contacts for Approvals
Contacts from educator preparation institutions with programs for special education teachers and administrators.
- Special Education Personnel Requiring Licensing and Corresponding Credentialing Agencies
Agency contacts outside of the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) who provide credentialing for special education related personnel. This information is made available for contact purposes only.