Section 380.1711(1)(a) of the Revised School Code requires each intermediate school district (ISD) school board to develop and maintain an ISD Plan for the delivery of special education programs and services.
The ISD Plan documents information outlining the delivery system of special education programs and services within the ISD and each member district, including public school academies (PSAs).
ISD Plan Criteria
- Guidance for the Development of Intermediate School District (ISD) Plan for the Delivery of Special Education Programs and Services [PDF]
ISDs must include certain information in their ISD Plan.
Modification and Clarification
- Request for Change in Previously Approved Intermediate School District (ISD) Special Education Plan [PDF]
ISDs can request to update their existing ISD Plan with a modification or clarification.
- ISD Superintendent Signature Page for ISD Plan Approval for Modification [PDF]
A modification request must include the signature of the ISD Superintendent signifying approval by the ISD board of education.
- Local School District, Public School Academy, and Parent Advisory Committee Signature Page for ISD Plan Modification [PDF]
A modification request must include signatures from the member districts, public school academies, and the ISD parent advisory committee signifying their involvement, not approval, in the development of the ISD Plan.
- ISD Superintendent Signature Page for ISD Plan Approval for Clarification Adding or Removing a Public School Academy [PDF]
A clarification request to add or remove a public school academy must include the signature from the ISD Superintendent.
- Public School Academy Signature Page for ISD Plan Clarification for Adding a Public School Academy [PDF]
A clarification request to add a public school academy (PSA) must include the signature from the PSA chief executive officer.