The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Diversity and Equity in the Education Workforce
To support Michigan's efforts to grow and diversify the educator workforce, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) awarded the 2021 Diversity and Equity in the Education Workforce competitive planning grant. Intermediate School Districts and Regional Educational Service Agencies were invited to apply for this grant funding to support efforts to ensure a diverse workforce in their learning communities.
Grant funds supported the development of high-quality professional development enhancing the experiences of teachers of color, and resources and materials designed to support and retain a diverse professional workforce.
Available resources include:
- The Why of Diversity and Equity in the Educator Workforce
- Recruitment and Hiring Process Strategies to Promote Diversity and Equity
- Retention Strategies to Promote Diversity and Equity
- Strategies for Cultivating a School Culture that Supports Diversity and Equity
- Facilitator’s Guide: Educators of Color Affinity Group