• Firearms: 517-241-1917
    Concealed Pistol License: 517-284-3700


  • Carrying Under the Influence

    An individual shall not carry a concealed pistol or portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption (EMD) technology while under the influence of alcoholic liquor or a controlled substance or while having a bodily alcohol content of .02 BAC or above

  • Concealed Pistol Application and Instructions

    Concealed pistol application kits are provided free of charge during normal business hours by county clerks or online.

  • Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Reports

    An archive of Concealed Pistol License (CPL) reports.

  • Concealed Pistol License Renewal Information

    A summary of CPL renewal information.

    The Michigan State Police (MSP) Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Unit began accepting CPL renewal applications by mail and through the online system on November 1, 2018.  Those eligible to submit their CPL renewal application online will receive a renewal notice through the U.S. mail from the county clerk that issued their CPL containing a PIN.   Once in receipt of the PIN, CPL applicants may proceed to www.michigan.gov/cplrenewal to submit their renewal application.  CPL holders who receive renewal notices not containing a PIN are not eligible to renew online.  However, you may submit a completed CPL renewal application, with payment, to the MSP CPL Unit, P.O. Box 30634, Lansing, Michigan 48909,  or renew in person at their county clerk’s office.

  • Concealed Pistol License Requirements

    An outline of requirements for those who want to obtain a Michigan Concealed Pistol License.

  • Federal Firearms Laws

    A summary of federal firearms laws.

  • Firearms Forms  
  • Firearms Laws of Michigan PDF icon

    A publication prepared by the Legislative Service Bureau pursuant to Act 381 of 2000, which requires the Bureau to "compile the firearms laws of this state, including laws that apply to carrying a concealed pistol..." MCL 28.425a(9). The firearms laws compiled herein are reprinted from the text of the Michigan Compiled Laws, supplemented through Act 130 of the 2015 Regular Session of the Michigan Legislature.

  • Firearms Laws of Michigan Index (2018) PDF icon

    An index created for the Firearms Laws of Michigan compilation.

  • MCOLES and the CPL Law

    The Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) is responsible for certifying firearm instructors and instructional programs for the purpose of providing pistol safety training to CPL applicants as required in Public Act 381 of 2000.

  • NCIC Gun Code Manual PDF icon

    Gun Data Codes as of June 30, 2019.

  • Prohibited Premises

    Individuals licensed to carry a concealed pistol by Michigan or another state will be prohibited from carrying a concealed pistol in the following areas...

  • Public Notice of Intent to Dispose of Firearms

    Per Public Act 381 of 2000

  • Reciprocity

    If you possess a valid Michigan CPL and want to carry your pistol in another state, you should contact that state for information on its concealed pistol laws. A Michigan CPL holder is responsible for complying with the laws of that state.