- Incident Reporting
- Competitive School Safety Grant Program (CSSGP)
FY 2020 CSSGP: *UPDATED 10/5/2020
- FAQs - School Safety FY 2020
- Budget Determination and Funding - Sent to school administrators July 2020.
FY 2019 CSSGP: CSSGP application closed March 1, 2019 at 12 p.m. (noon) EST.
- School Safety FY 2019 Grant Award List- Program Area 1 (No Match Requirement)
- School Safety FY 2019 Grant Award List- Program Area 2 (Match Requirement)
- School Safety FY 2019 Financial Status Report (FSR) The FSR MUST be downloaded and completed in Adobe.
- School Safety FY 2019 Program Status Report (PSR) THE PSR MUST be downloaded and completed in Adobe.
- Steel Door Institute (SDI) K-12 Standards
FY 2018 CSSGP: CSSGP application closed September 13, 2018 at 12 p.m. (noon) EST.
- School Safety FY 2018 Grant Award List- Program Area 1 (No Match Requirement)
- School Safety FY 2018 Grant Award List- Program Area 2 (Match Requirement)
- School Safety FY 2018 Grant Financial Status Report (FSR)
- School Safety FY 2018 Grant Program Status Report (PSR)
FY 2017 CSSGP: CSSGP application closed December 15, 2016 at 12 p.m. (noon) EST.
FY 2015 CSSGP: CSSGP application closed January 9, 2015 at 12 P.M. (noon) EST.
- School Safety Legislation
- School Safety Liaisons
You will also have the option of including a secondary liaison if that could be beneficial for your district. Please note, this is NOT the contact information that will be used for after-hours emergency incidents through OK2SAY.
- School Safety Commission
The School Safety Commission was created to review and provide recommendations to the Office of School Safety, including model practices for determining school safety measures. The school safety measures must address at least the following:
- The development and evaluation of school safety model practices.
- A review of the statewide school safety information policy and the emergency operations plans.
- The role of school safety liaisons.
- The emerging trends in school safety technology.
- The baseline safety requirements for schools.
- The baseline hardening measures for new and existing schools.
Public Act 548 of 2018: Creation of the School Safety Commission
School Safety Commission Members
Schedule of Meetings
The October 22, 2020 meeting will be held via Microsoft Teams due to coronavirus restrictions. Email Ms. Lindsey Holden for a link to the meeting.
- July 30, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- April 23, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- January 8, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- October 17, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- July 25, 2019 Meeting Minutes
School Safety Task Force (abolished and replaced by the School Safety Commission)
- Expanded School Safety Summary List *UPDATED 2/27/2020
- Final Recommendations of the School Safety Task Force *November 2018
- K-12 School Security - A Guide for Preventing and Protecting Against Gun Violence (Department of Homeland Security)
- K-12 School Security Survey (Note: The K-12 School Security Survey is a stand-alone product and does not feed into any Department of Homeland Security (DHS) data repository. None of the information entered into the survey is collected by DHS. It is intended to be used as a guide and completed at your own pace.)
- Map of Competitive School Safety Grant Program Awards
- Providing Notice of EOP Completion or Review (Deadline to complete or review EOP is 1/1/2020) *UPDATED 11/21/19
- MI Safe Schools Roadmap Summary
- Return to School 2020-21
- Frequently Asked Questions
Office of School Safety can be contacted via email at MSP-SchoolSafety@michigan.gov.