• Michigan's Public Health Code, 1978 PA 368, as amended (the Act), and the administrative rules adopted pursuant to the Act establish the requirements for building and operating a campground. A license from the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy is required to operate a campground in the State of Michigan.  The Campground Program may be reached at 517-282-4032.

Temporary Campgrounds

  • ***The Temporary Campground License Application is a triplicate form and may not be downloaded or copied. Please visit your local health department for the application or call EGLE's Campground Program at 517-282-4032.***
  • Steps for Obtaining a Temporary Campground License PDF icon