The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Groundwater Permits - Application Forms and Technical Assistance
The issuance of a Groundwater Discharge Permit does not authorize violation of any federal, state or local laws or regulations, nor does it obviate the necessity of obtaining such permits, including any other EGLE permits, or approvals from other units of government as may be required by law.
Guidesheet II: Guidance For the Development of a Discharge Management Plan has been modified to include additional information. Those facilities and/or consultants developing a management plan for a rapid infiltration system should refer to the additional information on page K-3 in the K Appendix: Example DMP for Rapid Infiltration System.
The following information is now incorporated into MiWaters, our permitting and compliance database.
- Permit By Rule Notification: Rule 323.2211
- Permit By Rule Notification w/ Department Certification: Rule 323.2213
- General Permit: Rule 323.2215
- Permit for Specific Discharge: Rule 323.2216
- Site Specific Authorization: Rule 323.2210(y)
- Discharge Permits: Rule 323.2218
- Part 22 Guidesheet I Hydrogeologic Study
- Part 22 Guidesheet II for the Development of a Discharge Management Plan
- Part 22 Guidesheet III Wastewater Characterization
- Part 22 Guidesheet IV Lagoons
- Part 22 Guidesheet V Toxicity
- Part 22 Guidesheet VI O&M Manual
- Part 22 Guidesheet VII Design of Land Treatment Systems Utilized at Wineries
Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Information
- Unit Conversion for Groundwater Discharge Reporting
- Groundwater Discharge - Reporting Results Below Quantification
Annual DMR for 2211(a) and 2215-1 Permits
- How to Submit a Groundwater Annual DMR in MiWaters
- 2021 Annual Flow Worksheet
- 2022 Annual Flow Worksheet
General Technical Information
- Complete Groundwater Effluent Parameters and Detection Limits
- Part 22 Standards
- Example Wastewater Testing Parameters