Educator Evaluations General Guidance
Welcome to the Office of Educator Excellence (OEE) General Guidance Page. This page contains useful information regarding educator evaluation, along with official communications from OEE to educators in the field.
- Educator Evaluations At-A-Glance (Updated 5/2019)
This document outlines the importance of educator evaluations in supporting the professional growth of educators, provides background and context for Michigan educator evaluation legislation, delineates responsibilities of all evaluation participants, and presents and implementation timeline for PA 173 (2015).
- Educator Evaluations FAQs (Updated 5/2019)
Educator Effectiveness Labels
Official MDE Educator Evaluation Communications (E-Blast Memos)
- August 30, 2018 - Educator Effectiveness Ratings Data Appeals Window and Webinar Information
- August 23, 2018 - Upcoming Availability of EVAAS Student Growth Reports
- November 9, 2017 - Announcing the Michigan Department of Education Student Growth Percentiles Educator Evaluation Calculator Tool
- August 24, 2017 - Michigan Educator Evaluation State-Approved Tool List
- October 13, 2016 - Guidance on Placement of Educator Evaluation Systems Postings and Assurances Documents
- May 19, 2016 - Annual Teacher Evaluation Ratings Required for the Initial Professional and Advance Professional Education Certificates