The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Compiled Law (MCL) 380.1249 requires the board of a school district or intermediate school district (ISD) or the board of directors of a public school academy (PSA) to adopt and implement for all teachers and administrators a rigorous, transparent, and fair performance evaluation system that does all the following:
- Evaluates job performance at least annually while providing timely and constructive feedback.
- Establishes clear approaches to measuring student growth and provides relevant data on student growth.
- Uses the evaluations to inform decisions regarding effectiveness, promotion, retention, development, whether to grant tenure or full certification, and the removal of ineffective tenured and untenured teachers and administrators.
- Educator Evaluation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Educator Evaluation Legislation At-A-Glance
- Educator Evaluation in an Online/Virtual Environment
- Educator Evaluation and Professional Learning Audit Resources
- Professional Learning Opportunities
- Educator Evaluation Tool Application and Scoring Guide
- Teacher Certification Renewal and Progression Without Educator Evaluation in Response to COVID-19
Questions related to educator evaluation may be directed based on topic: