The Michigan State Legislature passed Public Act 160 of 1996, the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act and Public Act 258 of 2000, the Career and Technical Preparation Act also known as the "Dual Enrollment" bills. These bills modify and expand on provisions of the State School Aid Act providing for students to earn college credit while in high school. The bills also require that the board of a school district or public school academy ensure that each student in eighth grade or higher be given information about college course taking opportunities. The classes that students are eligible for must not be offered by the high school or academy and must lead towards postsecondary credit, accreditation, certification and/or licensing.
MDE Dual Enrollment Contact:
Eric Lipinski - email@example.com - 517-241-6895
- Dual Enrollment FAQ - Updated August 2017
- 2018-19 Nonpublic Dual Enrollment Billing Form
- 2018-19 Dual Enrollment Calculation Worksheet
Note: The Dual Enrollment Calculation Worksheet for the 2019-20 is dependent upon a signed state school aid bill. Once this information is available, the worksheet will be updated. In the mean time, please use the 2018-19 worksheet to estimate.
- Qualifying Scores for Dual Enrollment
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act
- Sample Postsecondary Eligibility Letter
- Career and Technical Preparation Act
- Section 64b Dual Enrollment Incentive Payments