The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
NexSys - Next Generation Grant, Application and Cash Management
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is replacing the Michigan Electronic Grants System PLUS (MEGS+) grant management system and Cash Management System (CMS) payment system with NexSys. NexSys allows users to maintain grant applications and submit for award reimbursement in a single system.
- NexSys launched in February 2021. Applications going live since February 2021 will be completed in NexSys.
- As of September 1, 2021, NexSys has replaced MDE's current Cash Management System(CMS).
- The complete MEGS+ transition to NexSys will take approximately one year. MEGS+ is planned for retirement in 2022-2023.
- Applications currently in MEGS+ will remain for the life of the application; they will not be converted to NexSys.
Benefits of NexSys
- One system for both grant management and payment
- MICIP interface (District Portfolio API)
- All the same features and functions of MEGS+ in an upgraded platform
- Enhanced look and feel
- Customizable user dashboard for ease in monitoring application activities
- Application Status bar for ease in tracking status of applications in progress
- Enhanced opportunities for tracking and monitoring of application modifications.