Skip to main content

School Nutrition Programs (SNP) Bulletin

March 13, 2020

In the event of unanticipated school closures, sponsors/school districts may participate in Unanticipated School Closure Summer Food Service Program through the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Health and Nutrition Services. The Unanticipated School Closure Summer Food Service Program website outlines steps on how to provide meals during school closures. Questions regarding this email or the attachment may be directed to or

Contact us


Nutrition Gateway: The Michigan Department of Education Nutrition Gateway provides Child Nutrition Program (CNP) agencies a singular system to access annual CNP applications (MEGSplus), monthly claims (MIND) and periodic administrative reviews (GEMS/MARS) through an integrated dashboard and portal.

If you or someone you know is interested in receiving the School Nutrition News and Updates and SNP Bulletins, visit School Nutrition News and Updates Subscription

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
                     Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
                     1400 Independence Avenue, SW
                     Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)       fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)       email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.