The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
NexSys Frequently Asked Questions
Please browse through the most commonly asked NexSys questions below.
I am brand new. How do I get access to NexSys?
1. Create a MEIS account if new person does not already have one. If they currently have one, move on to #2.
2. Fill out the MEGS+ level 5 security form and email it to MEGS@Michigan.gov AND fill out the NexSys security access form and email it to MDE-NexSys-Applications@Michigan.gov. this will give the new person access to MEGS+ and NexSys. The MEGS+ security form must be signed by the person listed in the Education Entity Master (EEM) as the authorized official.
3. If the person listed in EEM as the authorized official for the agency has changed, EEM will need to be updated with the new person. This new person must sign the MEGS+ security access forms before it can be submitted. Update EEM with New Authorized Official
4. Create a MILogin for Third Party account if new person does not already have one. If they already have one, move on to #5.
5. Link MILogin for Third Party and MEIS accounts.
6. Request the NexSys link in your MILogin for Third Party account.
7. As the new level 5 you will be adding additional people to the Coordinated Application in NexSys.
a. STEP 1: Add them to the organization.
b. STEP 2: Add them to the application.
Who can initiate the Coordinated Application in NexSys:
The MEGS+/NexSys level 5s are the only people who can initiate the Coordinated Application.
I am the level 5. Where do I find the Coordinated Application and how do I initiate it?
- Log into your MILogin for Third Party account.
- Click on the NexSys link.
- Look on the "My Opportunities" card on your NexSys Dashboard and click on the CNP: Coordinated Application
- Acknowledge/Agree to terms.
NOTE: Once you acknowledge/agree to the terms the application will open automatically.
How do I get the "My Opportunities" and/or "My Tasks" card(s) to show on my NexSys Dashboard?
- Select Edit Dashboard from the drop down menu under your name in the upper right corner.
- Select Add Panel (upper right corner).
- Add "My Opportunities" and "My Tasks".
- Save dashboard changes.
I am the level 5, how do I add someone to the Coordinated Application?
STEP 1: You must add them to the organization first.
STEP 2: Then you can add them to the application second.
I am not the level 5. Where do I find the Coordinated Application in NexSys?
The level 5 must add you to the application before you will be able to access it.
The Coordinated Application must be initiated by the level 5 before you will be able to work on it.
Once it's been initiated, you will find it on your "My Tasks" card on your NexSys dashboard.
I am not the level 5, how do I get added to the Coordinated Application?
The MEGS+ level 5 is also the NexSys level 5. Each agency is allowed to have two level 5s. Either one of them can add new people to the Coordinated Application in NexSys.
How do I find out who my MEGS+/NexSys level 5s are?
Finding an Agency's MEGS+ Level 5
The MEGS+/NexSys level 5 no longer works here. What do we do?
The agency must choose someone new to be the MEGS+/NexSys level 5. Each agency/organization is allowed to have two level 5s. The new person will need to do the following:
1. Fill out the MEGS+ level 5 security form (for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) only) and email it to MEGS@Michigan.gov.
2. Fill out the NexSys level 5 security form (for all other programs) and email it to MDE-NexSys-Applications@Michigan.gov.
NOTE: This will give the new person access to the system and remove the old person.
3. The authorized official listed in the Educational Entity Master (EEM) must sign the security authorization forms. If the person listed in EEM as the authorized official for the agency has changed, EEM will need to be updated with the new person BEFORE the security access form can be submitted. How to Update EEM with new Authorized Official.
The authorized official who is supposed to sign my security authorization form no longer works here. What do we do?
Your agency will need to Update EEM with a new Authorized Official
Where can I find the MEGS+ and NexSys level 5 security access forms?
MEGS+ Level 5 Security Access Form
NexSys Level 5 Security Access Form
What are the NexSys security levels and what can they each do?
MEGS+ User Levels Converted to NexSys User Levels
How do I find the status of my application in NexSys?
Checking the Status of My Application in NexSys
Why is my site name different in the new application?
There is a new naming system for Child Nutrition Program sites in the Coordinated Application. In MEGS+, the program name was used as the site name. In the Coordinated Application, the building name is used as the site name instead. This document explains why you may see an unfamiliar name for your site in the Coordinated Application, and who you can contact for further explanation. We appreciate your patience as we adjust to the new naming system and will be happy to help if you have any questions after reviewing the help document.
I need a July 2022 Claim for Reimbursement, when can I expect it to be available?
We are working to approve applications with the intent that all reimbursement claim deadlines will be met. Currently, our team is approving applications in the order they have been received. As we determine a sponsor needs a July 2022 claim, those applications are prioritized for processing and approval. Claims are due no later than 60 days after the end of the month, so July 2022 claims must be submitted and certified by September 29, 2022.
Please review Checking the Status of an Application for detailed instructions on how to check the status of your application. Once your application is approved, your reimbursement claim will be available. If you experience any issues with your claims once they are available, please email MDE-SchoolNutrition@Michigan.gov or MDE-CACFP@Michigan.gov with details about the issue.
I am CEP, my application is approved, but my claim is unavailable. What do I do?
Where can I find additional NexSys system help?
Do I have to use a particular browser with NexSys?
Yes. You must use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge as the browser.
I think everything is set up correctly, but the information isn't showing up correctly on my screen. What do I do?
STEP 1: Make sure you are using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge as your browser.
STEP 2: Clear your cache and cookies from your browser and then restart your computer.
Instructions for clearing cache/cookies in Google Chrome
Instructions for clearing cache/cookies in Microsoft Edge
If you have additional questions, please reach out to your analyst or email MDE-NutritionCoordination@Michigan.gov