The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
How to Determine Site Eligibility
There are two ways to verify if a site is eligible, school data or census area eligibility. First, check eligibility using school data and if the site does not qualify using school data, check using census area eligibility.
In order for the site to be eligible using school data, the closest elementary school must have at least 50% free and reduced applications. To verify site eligibility using school data:
1. Find the nearest school by clicking on Great Schools - Finding the Nearest School link.
2. Open the Site Eligibility for 2024 Application Year link.
3. Use the CTRL + F function to search for the nearest school to the site location. If the closest school has 50% or more free reduced applications the site is eligible using school data.
4. On the Site Information Page in the MEGS+ application, select 1- school data for number 7 and complete 7a, 7b & 7c.
For a site to be eligible using census area eligibility, the site must show as eligible on any of the following maps. Documentation of site eligibility must be uploaded as an attachment in the MEGS+ application. To verify site using area eligibility:
1. Open the SFSP Census Map - USDA link. Enter the address of the site. If the site location is in red, the site is eligible. If the site location is in blue, the site is not eligible using census data.
2. Open the FRAC Summer Food Mapper link. Click on the Find button and enter the address of the site. If the site is in green, the site is eligible. If the site is in light blue, use the FRAC calculator to verify eligibility. If the site is in light pink, the site is not eligible using census data.
3. Open the No Kid Hungry Averaged Eligibility Map link. Scroll down to the map and enter the address of the site. If the site location is in the orange or teal area, the site is eligible. If the site is in the white or gray area, the site is not eligible using census data.
4. On the Site Information Page in the MEGS+ application, select 2- census or other qualifying data for number 7. The documentation of census area eligibility needs to uploaded in the attachments section to the Census and Other Qualifying Data Page.
Links to Eligibility Resources