The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) was signed into law by President Trump on July 31, 2018. This bipartisan measure reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 (Perkins IV) and continued Congress’ commitment in providing nearly $1.3 billion annually for career and technical education (CTE) programs for our nation’s youth and adults.
State School Aid Act
AN ACT to make appropriations to aid in the support of the public schools, the intermediate school districts, community colleges, and public universities of the state.
- View legislation
- CTE Reimbursed Programs Administrative Code
- View State School Aid Act, Section 61(a) At-A-Glance
- View State School Aid Act, Sections 61a(2), 61b, 61c and 61d At-A-Glance
Michigan Merit Curriculum
The Michigan Merit Curriculum is the result of an extraordinary partnership between the Executive Branch, State Board of Education, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Legislature and numerous education associations.
Additional Public Acts and Legislation Related to CTE
- Public Act 229 of 2018
- Public Act 230 of 2018
- The Revised School Code Act 451 of 1976
- The State School Aid Act 94 of 1979
- Postsecondary Options Act 160 of 1996
- Career and Technical Preparation Act 258 of 2000
- State School Aid & Finance – Pupil Accounting Manual (PAM)
- MDE Administrative Rules
- Michigan Legislature - Search for legislation