The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Electric Vehicle Readiness
Electric vehicle readiness will require a community-wide effort that involves planning, policies, and charging infrastructure deployment.
Planning and Policy Resources
- Catalyst Communities Initiative – Mobility
- Michigan Zoning Database
- EV Placement Optimization in Michigan: Phase II - Urban, City Planners Guide
- Resources for EV Infrastructure Planning
- Charging Forward: A Toolkit for Planning and Funding Rural Electric Mobility Infrastructure
- Electric Vehicle Resource Kit and Planning Hub
- Design Recommendations for Accessible Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle Deployment Policy Tools: Zoning, Codes, and Parking Ordinances
- Summary of Best Practices in Electric Vehicle Ordinances