The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What is CTE Month?
Career and Technical Education Month®, or CTE Month®, is a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country.
Did you know...
- 96% of high school students enrolled in a CTE program graduated last year. That’s compared to Michigan’s graduation rate of 81%.
- CTE offers students hands-on training that can be applied to real-world, in-demand education, training and career pathways.
- CTE prepares students for high-wage, high-demand careers in fields like health care, IT, advanced manufacturing, hospitality, management & more!
Find CTE programs offered in your area!
What can your school do to celebrate CTE Month?
- Host a school visit and invite members of your local community to learn about your school’s strong CTE programs firsthand
- Engage your policymakers and the media to encourage them to attend events and tell you CTE story, or use social media to do the same
- Work with business and industry leaders to ensure they understand the role CTE plays in readying their future workforce
- Purchase pens, pencils, lanyards and other CTE Month Merchandise to use at events or at your school
- Download our CTE Month logo for use with any print or digital outreach