7.01.00: The reporting process
The payroll reporting process provides ORS with wage and service information for each member of MPSERS. The process consists of four steps, some of which may have to be completed more than once, to post wages and service credit (hours) to individual MPSERS member accounts.
- Submit a payroll report to ORS using one of the three submission methods-upload, copy forward or create a blank report and manually add detail records. ORS runs batch processing overnight on the report. See sections 7.01.01 Creating report headers with begin and end dates and 7.01.03 Populating and submitting reports for detailed instructions.
- Review the report after ORS batch processing and edit records as needed to make all the records valid and able to post. (You may need to repeat this step more than once.) Sections 7.05.03 through 7.05.06 provide detailed instructions on finding and correcting errors in records in unposted reports.
- Verify that the totals from the report are correct. See section 7.01.06 Viewing and verifying report totals for detailed instructions. Do not perform step 4 until these totals are satisfactory. Totals to verify include:
- Number of employees.
- Gross wages.
- Retiree wages.
- Defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) employer contributions.
- Accept the report to post the wages and service to each member's account. (You may need to repeat this step more than once to post the report 100%.) See section 7.01.07 Accepting a report.