Get Involved in AOC Restoration
Public involvement is essential to cleaning up Michigan's Areas of Concern, which are waters recovering from environmental impacts. Each AOC has a Public Advisory Council, a group of community members that provide local expertise and participate in volunteer activities.
A Statewide Public Advisory Council is made up of members representing each of Michigan's 14 Area's of Concern. The Statewide Public Advisory Council shares information and ideas with other AOC communities.
Local public advisory councils are key to restoring Michigan's water resources, and anyone can join.
Learn about each Area of Concern and connect with its State Coordinator.
- Rick Hobrla, Supervisor: 517-284-5043 or HobrlaR@michigan.gov
- Jennifer Tewkesbury: 517-897-3257 or TewkesburyJ@michigan.gov
- John Riley: 517-284-5045 or RileyJ2@michigan.gov
- Melanie Foose: 517-897-3244 or FooseM@michigan.gov
- Stephanie Swart: 517-284-5046 or SwartS@michigan.gov