Office of Career and Technical Education
The Michigan Department of Education, Office of Career and Technical Education (MDE- OCTE), works closely with regional career and technical education (CTE) administrators to provide technical assistance and support for the implementation and improvement of currently operating, and the development of new, career and technical education programs.
Dr. Brian L. Pyles is the State Director for the Office of Career and Technical Education. To contact the MDE-OCTE, reference the MDE - OCTE Staff Directory (michigan.gov).
Our Vision: Michigan's CTE system will provide learners with access to equitable, high-quality secondary and postsecondary CTE programs aligned to rigorous academic and technical standards, and career ready practices.
For a list of upcoming events, reference the OCTE Events, Professional Development and Annual Conference Calendar.
- State School Aid Act Funding - Section 61a(1)
- Carl D. Perkins Funding
- Additional Funding - State School Aid Act
- Work-Based Learning Myth vs. Fact
- Perkins V Overview
- CTE Operational Structure
- Four Components of a State-Approved CTE Program
- Work-Based Learning
- Career Clusters
- Teacher Certification
- CTE Delivery Systems
Additional & Current Resources
- CTE Portal
- Career Pathways Grant
- COVID-19 Office of Career and Technical Education Guidance 2019-2021
- MDE - OCTE Memos
- CTE Professional Development Events Calendar
- OCTE Quick Reference for Technical Assistance
- Perkins V
- Michigan Career Development Model Information
- Area Career and Technical Education Programs
- Career Education Planning District Map
- 61b/Early Middle College Information