Michigan's Parent Dashboard Hits An Impressive MilestoneContact: artin Ackley, Director of Public and Governmental Affairs 517-241-4395Agency: Education
December 9, 2019
LANSING – Michigan’s parent-focused school data and information website – the Parent Dashboard for School Transparency – has reached a milestone. It has recorded its two-millionth page view, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) announced today.
Developed jointly by MDE and the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI), the planning, content, and design of the dashboard are based on significant parent feedback.
“The parent dashboard was designed for parents by the parents themselves,” said State Superintendent Dr. Michael Rice. “It provides one easy online location to view school-level data and information that parents said are important to them. It’s clear to see why the parent dashboard has been so successful.”
Promoted and adopted by the State Board of Education, the parent dashboard was launched in January 2018. It offers families and the general public a complete picture of how their public schools are serving Michigan students.
The dashboard allows deeper dives into the performance of various groups of students, by gender, race, subject, and services to students.
The parent dashboard includes information on:
- Student academic performance
- Student academic progress
- Graduation rate
- Advanced coursework (e.g. Advanced Placement, early middle college, International Baccalaureate (IB), dual enrollment, career/technical education, postsecondary enrollment)
- On-track student attendance
- English Learner progress
- Student participation on state tests
- Student/staff ratio
- Rate of teacher retention
- Non-instructional support staff serving students
- Postsecondary enrollment and completion of a district’s graduates
- Individual district offerings and services
Other than the landing page for the dashboard, the highest-viewed pages are for the performance and progress metrics; the state overview; and the school services and offerings pages.
From the parent dashboard landing page, parents can search for specific school districts or buildings and get the information and data they want to see.