Clean out your medicine cabinets and bring your unwanted medications to the collection event at the Capitol in Lansing on Tuesday, September 28, 2021. The collection runs from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Walk up to the main tent near the capital stairs or participate using the drive through just south of the Michigan Ave. and Capitol Ave. intersection. Look for the awning. Collected drugs will be destroyed through incineration.
Visit MichiganPharmacists.org/MedicationDisposal for details about what is and is not accepted, and the 11 a.m. press event.
For more disposal options, search the EGLE Interactive Drug Take Back Map.
- Do your part and be SepticSmart!
- Be on the lookout for spotted lanternfly, an invasive species threatening agriculture, natural resources
- Invasive New Zealand mudsnails found in Shanty Creek in Antrim County
- EGLE issues air and waste violation notices to Wright Coating Technologies
- Sediment sampling to begin in Detroit, Rouge rivers
- $3.6 million in grants available to target invasive species in Michigan MORE NEWS
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy's (EGLE) Office of the Great Lakes released the 2020 State of the Great Lakes report, which provides a deep dive into efforts underway by the state and its many partners to drive progress toward addressing the challenges facing the lakes and Michigan water resources.
School's back in session! As students settle in for a new school year, EGLE is providing a variety of educational resources through its EGLE Classroom initiative that teachers and parents can use to supplement school lessons all year long.